Wednesday 2 July 2014

First day in school!

I woke up about 6 am, thinking that I should prob get a shower before heading to class, starting at 8. But then I realized that I don't have any flip flops, and I really don't want to barefoot in those shared showers.. So no shower for me. I got my dry shampoo and a washcloth that'll have to make do, until I buy some shoes.

Then I had a lot of time free, I decided to go for breakfast a bit earlier than planed. I was the only non-chinese person in the canteen.  
How the canteen looks at 7 am

How I look at 7 am

When I had to choose my own breakfast at the chinese canteen. The only place open that early!
Bun with fishy stuff and cabbage? Thanks, but no thanks..



Then I had my first class: pre-intermediate chinese writing. It was great! Even though its a chinese teacher only speaking chinese. No.. That not fair. Some words she translates.. Like.. The simple words, that I 100% understand in chinese :b

We went through some slides and then had to write a bit about ourselves in what she calls book A. Then hand it in to her, and tomorrow she will give it back to us and them we have to re-write it I'm book B. I think we have to do this every day. We talk a bit too. It's great, since I'm really bad at understanding a conversation, so that I practice here. 

My second class was semi-intermediate comprehensive chinese. Design for those who've studies chinese for 6 months to 1 year. Unfortunately the class was filled with peeps (from the same school, I think in Iran) that had studied chinese for 3-5 years.. That was a bit too difficult for me and the level if the class is not as described :( 

****NOTE: as I'm sitting in my bed my roomie farted... She's chinese.. It's is so wierd!*** 

I'm giving that class another shot tomorrow and if its still to difficult I might ask to get transferred to elementary chinese.

Then I have a confession: I didn't go to my last class :(

After the difficult class, I went for a nap, a thing I do a lot. A lot! I didn't register when my alarm went off, so I slept till about 5:30 pm. And the class started at 2 pm and ends at 5:30 pm.. I'm a baaaaaaad student! :(

I met up with Bella around 6 and then we went to the opening ceremony. I think it is really silly and weird that they have the opening ceremony after we've already started. There were some speeches and then some students played so e traditional chinese music. I really liked the music. It was beautiful. It was really funny, that none of the speakers were good at English. Eventhough there was an aussie/American (didn't get that) and a guy from Ireland, they didn't speak clear enough for me to understand all that they said!

Oh well... The ceremony started like 45 mins too late and I was already starving since I hadn't eaten since 7 am. So after a couple of songs Bella and I went to get some dinner. I think Bella had already eaten though. She told me yesterday that she eats dinner at like 5 and it was 8:20 or something by then. But she had some dinner with me and she ate everything too.. Wow.. Chinese peeps can eat! I ate like 1/3 of my meal and then I was full. Cheap it is! Like 26 yuan for dinner and 5 for a can of coke.

We ate well and talked and then we headed home to our own dorms.

Here I am writing it all up at 11:34 in the evening. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment