Wednesday 2 July 2014

First day in Beijing

The flight was like 40 min late, even though nobody informed us (in English or anyway I could understand) about it. So I was afraid that my partner might had left without me. 

I got out of the plane and into passport check. Took long enough! And then on to getting my suitcase. It wasn't the last one to get there, but I felt like a lot of peeps got their bags before I did. I was starting to think it got lost in transit or something like that.



I hurried over to the exit with my case and there was a huge line to get out, since you had to get your bags scanned to get out. Hmm... But when it was my turn, the security guy started passing chinese people through. Not having their bags checked. I was lucky! I got through that way too! Not that I had anything to hide, but it's just a lot faster!

When I got out I had some trouble finding Bella (my partner from RUC) but I found her and on our way we were! 

We took a bus and then walked a bit to get to campus. Then I got my room and then I found out I needed to buy some stuff. So I changed from jeans to a dress (it was semi-hot) and then we went for some lunch in the canteen followed by a campus tour and some shopping. I was too tired to go real shopping, so just some basics - like toilet paper and a towel. And a icecream! Yummy!
Lunch with Bella 

Me in front of RUC 

Cupnoodles! With weird guys on them!  I find this really funny! :D



Them it was about 5pm and we remembered that we had to check me in a different place too! So we hurried over to get me some wifi and check in for my courses. 

Then I just went straight to bed and slept till 6 am ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment